Pages

Tuesday 27 November 2012

27th November

Today's fortune: Toil to make yourself remarkable by some talent or other

Today things didn't start off well. I woke up and had a sudden headache and that caused a few problems but everything is back to normal now. I just received an email from my teacher Mr. Jafari about sectarian killings of Shia brothers. Mr. Jafari has been my source of inspiration in last part of my semester and one of the best teachers I ever worked with; extremely pleasant personality. The original article was written by Feisal H. Naqvi for Herald Tribune under the title 'We are blind to our blindness' an interesting read. http://tribune.com.pk/story/471196/blind-to-our-blindness/

This article raised several questions in my mind. When we would start thinking as a nation beyond sectarianism? When we would start respecting our differences? When we would stop labeling different sects as Kafirs? When we would stop becoming the 'Thaike-dar' of Islam? I don't find answers to these questions. Talking about extremism, which is here to stay folks not only the religious extremism. Look at our lifestyles; we are eating extreme, thinking extreme, and acting extreme. 

Honestly speaking and it's a matter of realism. I don't see a way out from out current situation. All the prophecies are coming true. Things are going from bad to worse. Truth will never be measured in mass appeal. I am adamant of the view that a genuine Muslim can never think of committing aggression. We have extremists in both sects and these infiltrations had been done many many years ago. I see no one who can wash this poison from off our skins.

Our problem is simple. Country is in illiterate politician's hands and religion is in illiterate Mullah's hands. We had stopped searching for the truth and for our common grounds. This is why we find ourselves in this horrendous situation and it's not going to be better. There will be one nightmare after another unless we start understanding our differences and respecting them. Islam is the greatest religion. We, the followers are giving it a bad name. And readers believe me, winning the battle within is the most difficult one to win.

At last, I should mention that on 28th November my 'Dada', Umer Saeed (brother) will be celebrating his 28th birthday (don't kill me if it's 27th) I wish him a very happy birthday and all the best for his professional and personal life.

I am receiving your comments. I thank all of you for liking my effort. Most of you are having difficulty about commenting. Don't worry I am working on this aspect. With the promise of sorting out quickly. Thank you!

Song of the Day: Arz e niaz Ishq By Asad Amanat Ali

Stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment