Pages

Thursday 13 December 2012

13th December (Pouring Rain)

I am in Islamabad and it's soaking in non stop rain. Oldies say that the rain that starts on Thursday continues to drizzle for a full week. Superstitious beliefs? I would not presume on that. But I am thrilled to see this rain because as a desert man I do not get to see rain often. 

From Monday to this very day, I am enjoying every second of time which has passed by. On Monday I gave two job interviews; one at Rastgar Engineering Company and one at Haleeb Foods. Both went very well Alhamdolilah. Rastgar people adopted a very unconventional approach for hiring. They are hiring people by an assignment given to candidates and candidates are supposed to come up with a workable marketing plan. Currently I am working on that.

Had a great time with Gulfam as always and later we were invited to a get together at Intermezzo Restaurant by Abdur Rehman Munir. What a quality time we spent as group members and on that dinner. Discussed future prospects and the meeting was adjourned after 2 hours as I had to go to Chak Shahzad at my pal Hassan's place just to spank him at Table Tennis. I must say I was amusingly surprised by his game but my never say never attitude won me the day (night actually)

Then I went to PIDE hostel to meet a classmate and two marketeers Nadeem and Irfan. It felt like university days all again. I had a great time. Although, I got exhausted later at the night yet great 2,3 days. Tomorrow I am going to meet my brother. He currently resides in Attock.

Hope to see you soon again. Until then (khush rahain khhush rakhain)
Pouring Rain

4 comments:

  1. so finally you got an unbroken table of table tennis :P good.. once again nice to read your day!! kind of jealous :( you enjoyed as much as i wanted to :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah but I broke my pal's dream of defeating me :P
    -
    Actually I put happy events in my writing. Did I tell you someone stole my lunch? :( :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy and Rejoice the free time, you have. I can relate to your affection for this city as I too have fond memories of Islamabad. Life used to be simple and serene in those good old days, People used to be empathic, closely knitted and motivated by sincerity, things have changed since then. World is changing and unfortunately for all the wrong reasons, more hostile, more violent and materialistic.

    Anyways it's nice to know that you did well in your interviews, May God be on your side :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you bro! I am hopeful to get my hands on one of the jobs:)
    -
    I agree to what you said. This is exactly what I think about world of today.

    ReplyDelete