Pages

Monday 24 December 2012

Movie Recommendation

Folks, I am going to recommend an amazing and most inspiring movie ever. At least I learned a lot from this movie. It helped me asking myself some questions that every individual should be asking to oneself. Someone said, "the man who does not think of himself does not think at all."

The movie is called Network. It is an old yet an awe inspiring movie. The movie was released in 1976. The story involves a fictional TV network, UBS, and its struggle with poor audience ratings. Howard Beale, a long serving but underfire anchor has two more weeks in the office. Beale on live TV claims he is going to commit suicide and gets fired immediately after his proclamation but Max Schumacher, news division president and Beale's friend intervenes and so that Beale can have a dignified departure. Beale promises that he will apologize for his emotional outburst but instead he raves that life is 'bullshit'. Beale's grandiloquence results in an overnight rating hike. Reinstated as anchor, he is now being hailed as 'mad prophet' as he galvanizes the nation by shouting his famous phrase out of their windows, "I am as mad as hell, and I am not going to take this anymore!". (well, I had the same feeling about Malala conspiracy dragged on for months) But his speeches do not match with the interests of UBS both ideologically and rating wise. So he comes undefire once again and silenced forever on the very show he used to inspire audience.

Please do watch this mini marvel and leave your thoughts in comments. Thank you!
- Usman Saeed
The link: http://kat.ph/network-1976-dvdrip-xvid-t447967.html

4 comments:

  1. I will try to watch it... and my recommendation is Korean Dramas :P
    -

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a must watch movie. Do Korean even produce dramas? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and I really like their comedy and family oriented stories seriously... their acting is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall totally watch that. Name any of your favorite.

    ReplyDelete