Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Indo-Pak Cricket Series Boycott

Tough call for many but yes I am doing it. Frankly speaking every Pakistani should do a boycott of this series in context to what happened with Pakistani Blind Cricket Team captain in India. As the moment I am writing I feel so free, so buoyant, and so ecstatic that words cannot define this feeling and also I am out of words but this feeling is incontestably supreme that I have not felt in years. This is the feeling of breaking free of these unseen chain of viewership. I did not watch the game and believe me nothing bad happened to me. Everything is working as normal as routine. I did not get nerve attack which I am certain to get after watching out team play in past. I would have been watching as enthusiastically as I did each time for this particular fixture had it not been the case of vicious attack on our captain a few week ago. So it is not like I do not watch Cricket. Even Ehsan Mani said, "Pakistan should not tour India."


"I think the PCB is wrong to have agreed to this. If it is a political decision, then the PCB should have asked the politicians to make sure that India reciprocated by coming and playing against Pakistan even if it was at a neutral venue," Mani said in an interview on 'Pakpassion.net' website.


I believe that if all of us decide to stand up against this false system we can overcome the facades of this system. Unity of people can bring down any system. But as depicted in Matrix we are so inert so hopelessly dependent on the system that we would fight anything that is helping us to get out of this vicious system.

Today is 25th December and I lay my humblest tribute to Jinnah. May God be pleased with him. I have not much to say seriously but I have got nothing but utmost respect for the great man who gave us this wonderful country than and now mere pieces of lands. He famously said, "failure is a word unknown to me". I bet that he expected not all but many of us to be like him but we collectively failed him. Sorry Mr. Jinnah!

- Usman Saeed

2 comments:

  1. I agreed but not completely, when you are talking about CRICKET, you cannot resist yourself for watching it, and the sportsman spirit still says the same, I say, beat them at their land, and show them they cannot demoralize us at any cost.
    but after-all cricket is only a game not a war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect your opinion. But the point is Pakistan could have responded in a more desirable manner. Simply boycott, that is what sovereign nations do.
    The did an unrepairable loss to Pakistan Cricket and we are ready to go their. It was our turn to do what they did to us and give them the taste of their own medicine.

    ReplyDelete